Skip to main content

Sit back and Relax!

How do I know my schedule for the day? Planner? To-do lists? Calendar activities? All of these are useful for me. Ever since I was in college, I already have a tough and tight schedule for a week. I’m a type of person who know what’s my schedule for the weeks ahead. It’s in my body system. Doing planners or to-do lists give me relaxation. Crossing out things I’ve done gives me fulfillment. It encourages me to do, to learn, or to work more.

What I’ve learned is that managing time and organizing files are the key for a smooth sailing work. These help me a lot to really balance everything with my work. Also, I always start to do and finish difficult jobs first. This is to help me realize I can do great with less prioritize jobs. I am an accountant. Busy season starts in January and runs through the end of April. Whether you work in public accounting or commerce and industry, it’s crucial to develop ways that give you enough time to take care of your loved ones, and yourself. 

So, I need to relax and have time with God and with my family. This is for me my meditation. Meditation for me is having time for myself. 

Balancing work and family life has been an issue in the accounting profession, especially public accountants. Job burnout strikes due to physical and emotional exhaustion. To avoid this, I control my time, and work for a purpose, not just to reach deadlines. Entering MBA studies is one of biggest challenge for me at the moment. But for me, this is my work-life balance. I should also give time for my personal and professional growth.

Family is important. I am an only child, but my parents never treated me as a spoiled brat getting all the things I want. Yes, they are strict and protective but it helped me grow as a responsible and independent woman. Family are whom I love the most.

God is my ultimate source of strength. I attend worship services in our church. I am also a choir member. I made a pledge and devote myself to Him. I won’t let my love for God grow cold. Sometimes I feel like it’s not going the way I want and it makes me want to breakdown. But, I know God is there to guide me to His plan for me. I always ask God for forgiveness, guidance, strength, and love for others.

I find time for pleasure. Pleasure is not just a three-days’ vacation leave. I can do a five minutes’ pleasure by just resting my mind, eating chocolates, playing my favorite mobile games, or even a full belly laugh rejuvenates me. Spending time with my family, attending church activities and worship services, and giving myself a personal time are always in my Sunday schedule. For me, it’s always been a happy feeling whenever I have fulfilled my duties and obligations in our church. That’s why it has never been a burden managing my time. Sunday is my re-energizing day in my life. I spend more time with the people who stimulate and inspire me to be the best person I can be.

Life is not stressful. We have lots of priorities but time has never been an issue. There is always time for everything. I make time for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help the community!

To be a Lasallian business leader, one should understand the social and environmental challenges of the society and not just his/her own organization. I was amazed that graduate studies at DLSU do not just focus on the business aspect but for understanding the community as well. It is a good way in which we will actively participate and collaborate with different social groups. Our class visited GK Farms. It was a new experience for me since I was amazed at how the community is solid and motivated by their vision. It was a brilliant idea for Tony Meloto which is the founder and father of Gawad Kalinga to come up with a community that is driven to change the life of those who are in need. Their vision really struck me which is to raise the global movement of 500,000 social entrepreneurs in 2024. This is a statement on how everyone should be encouraged to come up with a business and live using the resources that came from that business. It was also a good experience for us to mak

Complete!

As I said in my introduction, it was my first time to know the meaning of integrality. Integrality is being complete as a person. I think if there is an aspect of our lives that is not well nourished, we shouldn’t be bothered to feel incomplete. Because wholeness comes within. It is how we accept things. If only we accept things, we will not feel incomplete. What I’ve learned in this course was to value oneself. I have learned the importance of relaxation or meditation. Health is wealth. It is important that we shouldn’t live a stressful life. We should always think positive whenever circumstances and situations come unexpectedly. I have also realized the importance of the workplace in an individual. It is five times a week a person comes into the office. Every management should take care of its people. Business leaders should be more aware that common good starts from within. They need to ensure there workforce should be treated justly. At the end of the day, it is the happi

Express your words through arts

OBSERVATION AND EXPERIENCE: I was always looking forward to visiting the National Museum of Fine Arts since there were a lot of my friends who are recommending to me to visit the museum. Ever since grade school, I know I was never into the arts. There are some of my friends who I was so amazed at how they come up with a piece of art. What I always knew in myself was what I can draw is only a simple house either in a mountain scenery or beside a sea or a grassland which is a very common drawing in grade school. I was always so jealous and insecure with regards to this matter since it was never a part of me. I wanted to learn but it’s just I cannot  That’s why I looked up my friends who are very talented and skillful with the arts. As we have visited the National Museum last June 15, I was struck with amazement on how Spoliarium was made by Juan Luna. It is a powerful piece that reminds the bloodied bodies of gladiators who fought the Roman oppressors. It is not just a