Skip to main content

Express your words through arts


OBSERVATION AND EXPERIENCE:
I was always looking forward to visiting the National Museum of Fine Arts since there were a lot of my friends who are recommending to me to visit the museum. Ever since grade school, I know I was never into the arts. There are some of my friends who I was so amazed at how they come up with a piece of art. What I always knew in myself was what I can draw is only a simple house either in a mountain scenery or beside a sea or a grassland which is a very common drawing in grade school. I was always so jealous and insecure with regards to this matter since it was never a part of me. I wanted to learn but it’s just I cannot  That’s why I looked up my friends who are very talented and skillful with the arts.



As we have visited the National Museum last June 15, I was struck with amazement on how Spoliarium was made by Juan Luna. It is a powerful piece that reminds the bloodied bodies of gladiators who fought the Roman oppressors. It is not just a simple art but a dynamic view of the abused Filipinos through the years. It also depicts Jose Rizal’s Noli Me Tangere which encompasses how Filipinos had never been regained. The museum was not about just paintings but also archaeological artifacts and memorabilia. As I said above, I was never into appreciating arts and alike. However, I find it astounding to how these artists have the will and power to showcase their talents into the public. 




  It was also my first time to visit China Town in Binondo, Manila. I was coming to the area however only on the part of the Divisoria market place which is beside the place. Since Binondo was known for its Chinese culture, it was not new to me to see a lot of Chinese foods and stalls in the area. We were all looking forward to the food crawl. Moreover, the Chinese community in the country flourished and we were able to observe their traditions. Among these Chinese influences were the dishes such as noodles, rice cake, dumplings, and steamed buns. The most popular is the hopia. I bought a lot of its famous ube and monggo. 


ANALYSIS AND REFLECTION

I have realized that even if I’m not into arts, someone like me, can also interpret and expressed my thoughts through literature or writing. Although it is a practice for making a good literary output, it is a chance for me to develop this skill. I don’t believe that practice makes perfect, however, practice makes a better outcome. What makes me realize also was the fact of practicing to also read a lot. I have learned that if a person reads a lot, you’ll gain knowledge from reading and you’re practicing to develop your cognitive skills.

Hence, the above discussion was all about aesthetics development. Aesthetics is the appreciation and nature of beauty, in the context of art. Aesthetic engagement can breed emotional connection through the process of creating, doing and experiencing art. This connectedness has the capacity to bring about meaningful interactions and belongingness. Another aspect of realization was the connection of aesthetic to stress. Stress is not an illness but a state that can be a very powerful contributor to illness. Moreover, aesthetic can be a way to reduce stress.


COMMITMENT AND ACTION

As I have further learned from my Human Resource Management class that organizational stress is crippling employees and majorly impacting organizations. Human resource sustainability, that is the health and wellbeing of the workers, is now more than ever in critical focus. Through connecting human resource management, organizational sustainability, aesthetics, and psychology literature, organizational aesthetic practices mediated by emotional and sensory knowledge acquisition may have the capacity to mitigate stress. Like for example, Google encourages employees to use 20 percent of company time to create and innovate on their own. This aesthetic program focuses on brainstorming sessions where groups of participants, come together, connect, discuss, and debate possible solutions to a problem. This also develops their cognitive skills. 


In our firm, there are employees who breakdown and cry due to intense pressure. Competency is a large contribution of pressure in our work. From what I experienced in visiting the National Museum and China Town, discovering and exploring something new takes your mind out of work. It is the time where you reflect and get to discover new knowledge. With this experience, I think that the team or the unit in the office could once in a while go out to take their minds out of work wherein this time, stress is released. I think my commitment right now is to help relieve the stress of my colleagues by inviting them to go out like going to the museum and experience new things like go on a painting session to learn and try something new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help the community!

To be a Lasallian business leader, one should understand the social and environmental challenges of the society and not just his/her own organization. I was amazed that graduate studies at DLSU do not just focus on the business aspect but for understanding the community as well. It is a good way in which we will actively participate and collaborate with different social groups. Our class visited GK Farms. It was a new experience for me since I was amazed at how the community is solid and motivated by their vision. It was a brilliant idea for Tony Meloto which is the founder and father of Gawad Kalinga to come up with a community that is driven to change the life of those who are in need. Their vision really struck me which is to raise the global movement of 500,000 social entrepreneurs in 2024. This is a statement on how everyone should be encouraged to come up with a business and live using the resources that came from that business. It was also a good experience for us to mak

Complete!

As I said in my introduction, it was my first time to know the meaning of integrality. Integrality is being complete as a person. I think if there is an aspect of our lives that is not well nourished, we shouldn’t be bothered to feel incomplete. Because wholeness comes within. It is how we accept things. If only we accept things, we will not feel incomplete. What I’ve learned in this course was to value oneself. I have learned the importance of relaxation or meditation. Health is wealth. It is important that we shouldn’t live a stressful life. We should always think positive whenever circumstances and situations come unexpectedly. I have also realized the importance of the workplace in an individual. It is five times a week a person comes into the office. Every management should take care of its people. Business leaders should be more aware that common good starts from within. They need to ensure there workforce should be treated justly. At the end of the day, it is the happi