Skip to main content

Help the community!

To be a Lasallian business leader, one should understand the social and environmental challenges of the society and not just his/her own organization. I was amazed that graduate studies at DLSU do not just focus on the business aspect but for understanding the community as well. It is a good way in which we will actively participate and collaborate with different social groups.

Our class visited GK Farms. It was a new experience for me since I was amazed at how the community is solid and motivated by their vision. It was a brilliant idea for Tony Meloto which is the founder and father of Gawad Kalinga to come up with a community that is driven to change the life of those who are in need. Their vision really struck me which is to raise the global movement of 500,000 social entrepreneurs in 2024. This is a statement on how everyone should be encouraged to come up with a business and live using the resources that came from that business. It was also a good experience for us to make “kesong puti”.


In our organization, we are practicing corporate social responsibility. We have visited also an orphanage. You can see the happiness on their faces when we have arrived and they are excited to meet and mingle with us. It’s a heart-warming experience. I’ve been through many community outreaches before during high school days. But for an orphanage in particular, in my life, I think I’ve been inside at least once or twice. We conducted a feeding program and games and provided gifts and some basic needs. Looking at the happiness and potential of those kids, I’m in star-struck for they have performed some special numbers and sang their theme song. The song touched my heart, telling that God sent us to let them know they are not alone and they are loved. Why these talents are hidden in this small town or area? God has all the reasons. I can see also to their faces how big their dreams are. 



I am glad that we were introducing to provide services and businesses for a community. This reminds me to be humble at all times and be thankful for what I have by sharing my knowledge and skills with others. The poor children did not choose to be on the streets. What I’ve realized is that we should not question God on what we’re experiencing. Everything happens for a reason. God wants us to call Him and have faith in Him. I think God provides me blessings to share on to help me realize and always be thankful to Him. I should not question His will for us. This experience for me is not just to help the community but also to help me as a person. It will build my self-esteem and will provide my self-worth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complete!

As I said in my introduction, it was my first time to know the meaning of integrality. Integrality is being complete as a person. I think if there is an aspect of our lives that is not well nourished, we shouldn’t be bothered to feel incomplete. Because wholeness comes within. It is how we accept things. If only we accept things, we will not feel incomplete. What I’ve learned in this course was to value oneself. I have learned the importance of relaxation or meditation. Health is wealth. It is important that we shouldn’t live a stressful life. We should always think positive whenever circumstances and situations come unexpectedly. I have also realized the importance of the workplace in an individual. It is five times a week a person comes into the office. Every management should take care of its people. Business leaders should be more aware that common good starts from within. They need to ensure there workforce should be treated justly. At the end of the day, it is the happi

Express your words through arts

OBSERVATION AND EXPERIENCE: I was always looking forward to visiting the National Museum of Fine Arts since there were a lot of my friends who are recommending to me to visit the museum. Ever since grade school, I know I was never into the arts. There are some of my friends who I was so amazed at how they come up with a piece of art. What I always knew in myself was what I can draw is only a simple house either in a mountain scenery or beside a sea or a grassland which is a very common drawing in grade school. I was always so jealous and insecure with regards to this matter since it was never a part of me. I wanted to learn but it’s just I cannot  That’s why I looked up my friends who are very talented and skillful with the arts. As we have visited the National Museum last June 15, I was struck with amazement on how Spoliarium was made by Juan Luna. It is a powerful piece that reminds the bloodied bodies of gladiators who fought the Roman oppressors. It is not just a